Bob graduated from law school in 1976 and joined his father’s law firm. Shortly after his father’s death, he moved, as a partner, to the UAZH firm in 2000. Bob’s practice has varied over the years from a deputy county attorney, handling the Jeep roll-over cases in Montana, and acting as regional counsel in a four state area for U-Haul. He also lobbied for several companies and helped draft legislation such as the punitive damages statue, the bad faith law, and Montana’s wrongful employment discharge statute. His practice is limited to trial and appellate work except for insurance coverage matters.
- Appellate Practice
- Complex Litigation and Products Liability
- Insurance Law – Bad Faith and Coverage
- Punitive Damages
- J.D., University of Montana, 1976
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, Journalism, 1973
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State and Federal Courts of Montana
- State Bar of Montana
- Cascade County Bar Association
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- AV “Preeminent” Rating Martindale Hubbell
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Super Lawyers—Mountain States
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Lawyer Representative for the District of Montana to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Judicial Conference (2011-2013)
Bob has been active in state and local activities. Former Governor Thomas Judge appointed him to the State Board of Housing for one term and the Supreme Court appointed him to serve on the Judicial Nomination Commission. He was elected as President of the Montana Defense Trial Lawyers and served on its Board of Directors. He served a term as Montana’s representative to the Defense Research Institute.
Born and raised in Great Falls, Bob was a member for many years on the Board of Directors of the Montana Counsel of the Boy Scouts and was its legal counsel. He has also served on the boards of the YMCA, the Great Falls Public Library, the Library Foundation and was the President of the Animal Foundation of Great Falls and currently is on its Board of Trustees. He was active in coaching his children when they were growing up and served as President of the Great Falls Soccer Association.
Bob is married and with his wife, Cindy, they like to travel, participate in community affairs and are active in animal welfare. Their five children, five grandchildren, dogs and cats keep them busy.