Mark began practicing at UAZH in 2002. After graduating from law school, Mark served as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul G. Hatfield, United States District Court Judge, District of Montana, from 1986 until 1999. Prior to joining UAZH, Mark practiced as a solo practitioner in Great Falls from 1999 until 2002. Mark has been a shareholder with the firm since January 2008. In addition to his civil practice, Mark also serves on the Criminal Justice Act Panel, representing indigent criminal defendants in federal court. He has tried numerous criminal cases to verdict and argued a number of criminal appeals before the United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Appellate Practice
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Healthcare Law
- Insurance Law – Coverage and Defense
- Trial Practice
- J.D., University of Montana School of Law, with honors, 1986
- B.A., Whitworth College, Journalism, 1983
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State and Federal Courts of Montana
- Professional Affiliations
- State Bar of Montana
- Cascade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- BV “Distinguished” Rating Martindale Hubbell
Mark presently serves on the Board of Directors for NeighborWorks Great Falls, an organization which provides affordable housing and revitalizes neighborhoods. Mark formerly served on the Board of Directors for the Cascade County Law Clinic, which provides legal services to low income residents of Cascade Country, and the Great Falls Public Library.
Mark was previously involved with the boys’ basketball program at Great Falls Central Catholic High School for a number of years, coaching boys’ junior varsity and varsity basketball.