Mark joined the firm as an associate at its inception in 1986. After graduating from law school, Mark was fortunate to serve for four years as a law clerk for United States District Judge Paul G. Hatfield (District of Montana) from 1982-1986. Mark has been a shareholder with the firm since January 1990.
- Employment & Labor Law
- General Civil Litigation – Personal Injury
- Insurance Law – Defense
- Municipality & Governmental Defense
- Trial Practice
- Montana Human Rights Bureau
- J.D., University of Montana School of Law, with honors, 1982
- B.A., Carroll College, Social Sciences, Magna Cum Laude, 1979
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State and Federal Courts of Montana
- State Bar of Montana
- Cascade County Bar Association (President, 2010)
- American Bar Association
- BV “Distinguished” Rating Martindale Hubbell
Mark has served on and was the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Cascade County Law Clinic, which accommodates pro-bono legal services, primarily in the area of family law, to low income residents of Cascade County. He has also been a regular presenter at Continuing Legal Education seminars dealing with governmental liability.
Mark has served as a frequent Master of Ceremonies at the Fur Ball, an annual benefit for the Animal Foundation of Great Falls.
A Montana native, Mark, his wife Patty, and sons Grady and Shafer, enjoy Montana’s vast beauty at their cabin on the Smith River, a blue ribbon trout stream. Mark also enjoys road and mountain biking.