John is a founding member of UAZH. Since receiving his law degree in 1970, John spent over forty years in the active practice of law before retiring in 2011. During the later years of his practice, John primarily specialized in medical malpractice representing doctors and hospitals throughout Montana. John spent five years in the Army Judge Advocate General Corps. During that time, he tried approximately 150 courts-marshal, many of which were tried before a jury of military personnel consisting of both officers and enlisted members. John was also an Associate Professor of Business Law at the University of Great Falls from 1976 to 1982.
- Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury and Products Liability
- Insurance Law – Bad Faith, Coverage and Defense
- J.D., University of Montana School of Law, 1970
- B.A., University of Montana, 1967
- Military Experience – United States Army, Capt., JAGC, 1970-1975
- AV “Preeminent” Rating Martindale Hubbell
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Super Lawyers – Mountain States
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer Representative for the District of Montana to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Judicial Conference (1999-2001)
- Cascade County Bar Association Professionalism Award (2010)
John was born in Helena, Montana. He has been active in Great Falls youth sports, housing for the developmentally disabled and Rotary Club. He served as Secretary for the Cascade County Bar Association in 1976, and as President in 1998. He was the Area D Trustee for the State Bar of Montana from 1984-1994. John was a teaching tennis pro for three years and continues to compete in tournaments at local, state and national levels and he is an avid golfer. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Meadow Lark Country Club.