Cathy joined UAZH in 1999. Following graduation from law school, Cathy had the honor of serving as a law clerk to the United States Magistrate Judge in Great Falls from 1997-1999. As part of her extensive appellate practice, Cathy has presented oral argument to the Montana Supreme Court in complex civil cases and argued issues of first impression to the court. Cathy is a former shareholder who maintains an active practice while residing in Hawaii.
- Appellate Practice
- Complex Litigation
- Punitive Damages
- Insurance Law – Bad Faith, Coverage and Defense
- Municipality & Governmental Defense
- J.D., University of Montana School of Law, high honors, 1997
- M.F.A., University of California, Davis, honors, Dramatic Art, 1985
- B.A., California State University, Humboldt, Theatre Arts, 1978
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State and Federal Courts of Montana
- State Bar of Montana
- Cascade County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- BV “Distinguished” Rating Martindale Hubbell
Cathy was born in Portland Oregon. She served as President of the Board of Directors for the Community Health Care Center in Great Falls, and on the Board of Directors of the Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art. Cathy enjoys the outdoors, with hiking, canoeing, landscaping and swimming among her favorite pastimes.